If you have created lots of entries, appointments, events, etc. in your Outlook and want it to be available online as well with least hassles, check out the new tool from google.
Download the tool from Google site and install it. Set the sync. options and done!!! It is an awesome tool and really helpful. I have been using it for sometime now and havent faced any problem as yet.
So go ahead and try it out.
Info about Google Calendar Sync –
Google Calendar Sync allows you to sync events between Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook Calendar. You’ll be able to determine the direction of information flow, as well as the sync frequency. Staying on top of your Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook Calendar events has never been easier!
Keep in mind that it’s not possible to sync events on secondary calendars at this time. Google Calendar Sync will only sync events from your primary Google Calendar and your default Microsoft Outlook calendar.
Synchronize Google Calendar with MS Outlook
1. Download RemoteCalenders
(Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is a must to run this software)
2. Extract and install RemoteCalenders
3. Configuration –
– After installing RemoteCalenders, launch Outlook and RemoteCalenders will automatically open.
– Click on Subscribe a RemoteCalenders button to add Google Calendar to Outlook.
– In Google Calendar, copy iCal URL to get your Calendar’s Private Address on the Calendar Settings page – click on Manage Calendars on the left and in the Calendar tab, click on the Calendar name that you want to work on.
– Near the bottom of the page, get the Private Address of this calendar in XML, iCal as well as HTML formatsm select iCal and copy that URL.
– In RemoteCalenders, paste the iCal URL under “RemoteCalenders URL”, add the Calendar name and check “It’s my Google Calendar and I want to sync both ways”.
(This is the link to the website of the magazine (DIGIT) which carried an article about synchronising Google Calendar with Outlook).