Exemption from payment of Profession Tax –
Following classes of persons are exempted from payment of Profession Tax –
- Members of the forces as defined in the Army Act, 1950 or the Air Force Act, 1950 and the Navy Act, 1957 including members of auxillary forces or reservists, serving in the state.
- The badli workers in the textile industry.
- Any person suffering from a permanent physical disability (including blindness)
- Women exclusively engaged as agent under the Mahila Pradhan Kshetriya Bachat Yojna or Director of Small Savings.
- Parents or guardian of any person who is suffering from mental retardation
- Persons who have completed the age of 65 years (w.e.f. 1.4.1995)
- Parents or guardians of a child suffering from a physical disability as specified in clause (C) w.e.f 1.10.1996
So, in case you are above 65 years of age, contact your Profession Tax office alongwith an application stating that you are above 65 years of age & carry a proof of your age- ex: Pan Card or Voter’s ID card.
In the store- It is heard that 01/04/2008 onwards, Profession tax office will be handling Service tax as well!