Winamp Full 5.55 Beta
Nullsoft Winamp is a fast, flexible, high-fidelity music player for Windows. Winamp supports MP3, CD, WMA, Audiosoft, Mjuice, MOD, WAV and other audio formats, custom appearances called skins and audio visualization and audio effect plug-ins. Download and enjoy it free of charge, free of guilt.
* Basic controls: play, pause, stop, forward song, previous song, select new song
* Built-in spectrum analyzer and oscilloscope
* Track info: author, title, bitrate, sample rate, time, etc.
* Additional controls: position slider, balance, volume, equalizer, playlist, shuffle and repeat
* Can run in unobtrusive windowshade mode.
* All windows dock seamlessly.
* Drag and drop playlist editing
* Create and save new playlists or load a previous playlist.
* Edit song information via ID3 tag editor.
* Sort by title and filename or randomize.
* Playlist displays current song duration and complete playlist duration for easy dubbing.
* Playlist can run without the main window, and includes mini-controls, time display, and visualization.
* Ten band graphic equalizer and built-in pre-amplifier
* Create and save new pre-amplifier and equalizer settings or load previous setttings.
* Create and save song-specific pre-amplifier and equalizer settings.
* Get up to the minute in information on Winamp.
* Browse Winamp´s Plugin and Skin collection to customize your copy of Winamp.
* Support for .wsz files in your skin directory as well as .zip files
* Bookmark playlists and SHOUTcast streams
The Lite version Plays MP3s, AAC, WMA, and more; Compatible with Winamp Plug-ins; and has Full Support for Classic Skins.
* A Completely Redesigned Interface, including Album Art
* Multiple device support, including iPods
* Access and Share Your Music and Videos with Winamp Remote
* Play and Playlist the Best Music on the Web with Media Monitor
* Get Artist & Concert News, Videos & more with Smart Search
* Enjoy Dynamic Song Recommendations
* Experience MP3 Surround Sound Support
* Access to Thousands of Internet Radio Stations, Videos and More!
* 50 FREE MP3 Music Downloads compliments of eMusic’s 2-week Trial
* Auto-Tagger provides automatic updates to file information
* Control Winamp From Your Browser with the Winamp Toolbar
What’s New in version 5.55 Beta:
* New: Turkish, Portuguese & Romanian installer translations and language packs
* New: WBM system for lazy-loading of *.w5s files
* New: [Bento skin] Playlist tab (optional)
* New: [ml_impex] iTunes-compatible Media Library database import/export plugin
* Improved: [gen_ff] Faster & no flicker when loading/switching skins
* Improved: [gen_jumpex] New ‘Add to Library’ shell menu item & other tweaks
* Improved: [gen_ml] Optional alternating row colors for list views
* Improved: [gen_ml] Optional skinned menus
* Improved: [in_mod] Experimental ExtendedRead support (transcoding, burning, etc)
* Improved: [in_mod] Now uses global Playback config for thread priority
* Improved: [in_mp3] APEv2 tag editing/creating tweaks
* Improved: [ml_local] Media Library searches now ignore diacritics
* Improved: [ml_local] New ‘Category’ and ‘Lossless’ database fields
* Improved: [ml_online] New toolbar and various other tweaks & optimizations
* Improved: [ml_online] Support for 3rd-party Services
* Improved: [vis_milk2] Pixel Shader 2.0 & 3.0 support tweaks
* Improved: [vis_nsfs] Unicode title display for currently playing track
* Fixed: Accessibility fixup for Format Info string in Alt+3 dialog
* Fixed: New version check can’t be disabled when anon statistics is enabled
* Fixed: Rare crash when closing vis window
* Fixed: Small memory leaks in in_wm, gen_dropbox, ml_local, ml_pmp and tagz.w5s
* Fixed: Various issues when starting/stopping/switching vis plugins
* Fixed: [gen_jumpex] Shell Options, B Hotkey, Send To menus & other misc bugs
* Fixed: [gen_ml] Library button resize glitch
* Fixed: [in_cdda] Potential cddb Disc null pointer crash
* Fixed: [in_mp4] Empty genre metadata field (eg. when transcoding from flac to m4a)
* Fixed: [in_mp4] Long hangs on slow network drives
* Fixed: [ml_disc] Potential crash on exit
* Fixed: [ml_local] Broken ‘Create Playlist’ button functionality in local media
* Fixed: [ml_local] Remove missing files broken with some older/corrupt databases
* Fixed: [out_ds] Logarithmic volume control dB display glitch
* Fixed: [ml_pmp] Crash when deleting playlists/files from a P4S portable device
* Fixed: [pmp_ipod] Deletion of non-existent files from database
* Fixed: [pmp_ipod] Reading of Play Count statistics
* Misc: More miscellaneous general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
* Misc: New “Send Feedback” item in the Help menu
* Misc: Note that changes made to the ml database are not backwards compatible!
* Misc: Removed some older Milkdrop presets and added some newer ones
* Misc: Separated vlb.w5s and nsvdec_vp3.dll decoders from in_mp3 and in_nsv
* Misc: Separated timer from gen_ff into timer.w5s
* Updated: Gracenote CDDB/MusicID v22.214.171.124
* Updated: Sonic Burning Engine v126.96.36.1992
* Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.0.2
* Updated: [in_mp3] Fraunhofer Decoder v4.3
* Updated: [lame_enc] LAME 3.98.2
* Updated: [vis_avs] AVS v2.82