Format Nokia Cell Phones (For S60)
It may happens that a program corrupts the C: drive of your phone. In such case, some data can be lost of course but, more annoying, some applications may not work or work only partially,…
On a Series 60 based phone, two key sequences will allow to restore your phone to a cleaner state:
Normal Reset (*#7780#) : Restores ini files from rom but preserves user data (photos, 3rd party apps etc)
Deep Reset (*#7370#) : This reformats completely the C: drive. All applications and files stored on this drive will be lost and clean default files will be rewritten.
In both case, the phone will ask you a confirmation and you will have to enter a security code (12345 by default).
Files and applications stored on E: drive are not be affected by these sequences.
Note : Full phone formatting a S60! Here to let everybody how to perform a Full phone formatting on a S60! If you encounter situation like below on your S60,
1. Blank screen phone unable to reboot.
2. Phone only able to boot-up to “Nokia” word screen.
3. Install some program but not able to uninstall it after that.
4. Unable to delete unwanted files on C drive. Do a Full phone formatting on your S60 as stated below –
1. Make sure you have at least 3/4 charge of battery power left.
2. Backup your contacts list and personal files to MMC memory card.
3. Switch-off your S60 phone and REMOVE UR MMC!.
4. Press and hold 3 keys; Green dial key, * Star key, no. 3 key on keypad and then press the power on/off to swtich on the S60 phone.
Remember, do not let go the 3 press and hold keys until you see a formatting word screen show! 5. After a few minutes when the Full phone formatting completed, your S60 will back to original system and factory settting
Using any of these format with The MMC memory card IN your S60 will LOCK the card irrespective of whether you had a password on it before or not.
This mite happen coz the c:\system\mmcstore file that stores the password of a mmc card is deleted and when it is not found any password will be the wrong password.
If u have formated ur phone and still it is NOT asking for password then NEVER format this card on this phone or u (the phone )will lock it automatically. I also suggest NOT to use it on other peoples phones.share your experiences
NOTE: User be careful as you will loose all your data during formating. Author takes no responsibility for any damage/loss caused to your cell after following the instructions here.