Here is a simple procedure for connecting your Nokia N82 (or other nokia handset with wifi) to internet using PC wifi.
I shared Tata Indicom Broadband Connection (through cable) on my PC to my Nokia N82 handset using wifi.
The procedure is simple and will just take a few minutes.
The procedure is for Vista and with appropriate modifications, it can be used with Windows XP as well.
1. Right click your Network icon in the system tray – Network and Sharing Center;
2. Go to your internet connection icon (in this case Tata) – View status – Properties – Sharing – select Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection and clear the Allow other users to control…. option;
3. Now go to Network and Sharing Center – Setup a connection or network – Setup a wireless adhoc (computer to computer) network ;
4. You can give your adhoc network a suitable name and select the appropriate security settings in the next steps (for trial purpose I would suggest to do without the WEP / WPA security);
5. Just turn on the wifi on your Nokia N82 handset, connect to the adhoc network and start browsing from your handset…