Free OCR is a complete scan and OCR program including the Tesseract free OCR engine v2.03. It includes a Windows installer, it is very simple to use and supports multi-page tiff´s, fax documents as well as most image types including compressed Tiff´s which the Tesseract engine on its own cannot read. It has Twain scanning included and support for multipage Tiff documents. Best of all it is totally free!
Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
What’s New in version 2.6:
* Minor bug fixes to PDF rendering code (from v2.5)
* PDF button – can now open and OCR scanned PDF files
* Images from a scanned document can be selected and placed on the clipboard
* Scans can be cropped before OCR
* Added button to remove line breaks from the OCR’ed text
* Fixed some bugs causing FreeOCR to crash when opening PNG’s
* Improved user interface