A few useful freeware softwares for ur Pocket PC
Pocket DivX Player 0.8
Pocket DivX Player is an open-source multifunction video and audio player for the PocketPC platform that can play DivX, OpenDivX, Mpeg-4, Mpeg-1 videos and Mp3 audio.
10-Band Equalizer with Pre-Amp;
Brightness Control (ARM devices only);
File Association Support;
Hardware Button Mapping;
90 degree Rotate ;
Bi-linear filtering for zoom mode;
Dithering (ARM devices only);
Custom File Open Dialog;
Custom Web View Streaming File Selection Dialog;
Keep Alive for device shutoff suspension;
Play At File Open option;
Definable Caching for performance/power utilization. Supported Audio/Video Formats: Video: Divx, OpenDivX, Avi, MPEG-1 w/ FFMPEG mpeg video decoder;
Audio: MP3 and Layer I + II Audio w/ MAD MP3 decoder.
Real One Player from RealNetworks, Inc. is a mobile version of the infamous desktop pc real player which allows you to play real audio and real video stream formats. RealPlayer for your Pocket PC Device.
There is a official release and a beta version 1.1 which supports RealVideo 9 if you need that download the preview version, otherwise use the stable 1.0 version.
tip: after installation locate the folder where the realone player is installed and just tap the realplayer.exe file to run it !
TCPMP v0.72RC1 Description
The Core Pocket Media Player is an open-source media player for Windows CE / Windows Mobile-based devices.
here is a article on how to watch Movies with Subtitles on your Pocket PC with TCPMP
Supported file containers:
– AVI (*.avi)
– Matroska (*.mkv, *.mka)
– MP4 (*.mp4, *.m4a)
– Ogg Media (*.ogg, *.ogm)
– ASF (*.asf) Supported audio codecs:
– Mpeg 1 Layer III
– Ogg Vorbis
– Windows Media Audio (on Windows Mobile devices)
– Adpcm, uLaw Supported video codecs:
– MPEG4-SP (plus B-frame support)
– Windows Media Video (on Windows Mobile devices) Update Description:
– yuv blitting fix (intel 2700g, sonyhhe effected).
– ogg icecast fix.
– avi opendl mode out of sync fix.
– Large jpeg file support.
– Song title updated with audio streaming fix.
– Portrait pre-rotate disabled for coverart and podcasts.
– WinCE: http async mode (connection loss should not freeze the player).
– WinCE: http avi playback fix.
– WinCE: http streaming emulate wmp10 identification (for ORB server).
– WinCE: http site parsing and listing fixes.
– WinCE: file association IE auto-download flag only for playlists.
– WinCE: options/audio menu disappearing fix .
– WinCE: raw framebuffer mode only for WM2003SE and later.
– Speex audio decoder support.
– Epson graphics controller mode (Nexio S150/S151/S155/S160/XP30).
– Nexio XP40 DirectDraw overlay support.
– mjpeg gray-scale support.
– minimal jpeg, tiff, png image file support.
– better support for enhanched podcasts (m4a with image slideshow).
– coverart support for music files.
– ffmpeg library updated.
– support for low resolution decoding (video quality).
– h263 elementary stream support.
– WinCE: Axis Network Camera MJPEG streaming support.
– WinCE: RGB support for 2700G (example WMV playback on X50v).
– Win32: ascii console video mode :-).
– Win32: screen saver disabling during video playback.
– AAC removed from official binaries because of intellectual property considerations.
– Matroska codec info handling fix (h.264).
– MatroskaParser library updated to version 1.47.
– ID3v2 fix in rawaudio.
– OGG tags as UTF-8 coding.
– some third party libraries replaced.
– avi files with ogg vorbis stream fix.
– h263 decoding fix + fallback to ffmpeg when format not supported.
– s263 (with 3gp) fix and support for h263 extended width/height.
– safe string handling (overflow protection).
– mpeg4 decoder fixes.
– WinCE: codepage handling fixes.
– WinCE: ATI Imageon driver memory leak bug tweak.
– WinCE: backlight handling fix.
– WinCE: HTTP streaming fixes.
– WinCE: Raw Framebuffer usage with QVGA smartphones.
– WinCE: fix for MIPS VR41XX tweaks on WinCE 2.xx.
– WinCE: skip installing official gx.dll for new HPC devices with aygshell, but no GAPI support.
– WinCE: WMV9 advanced profile support via DMO interface (only with WMP10).
– WinCE: file associations fix.
– WinCE: stereo mode (swapped,join,left,right) fix.
DictEditor for Windows Mobile Pocket PC
DictEditor is a Pocket PC application for modifying the built-in word completion list which is used by several SIPs (Soft Input Panel) such as Keyboard, Block Recogniser and Letter Recogniser. Usage Notes
1. Type a new word in the textbox and press the ‘Add’ button to add this new word.
2. You can also select an existing word in the list and edit the word in the textbox. Simply press the ‘Edit’ button to confirm the changes.
3. You can also select an existing word in the list and use the ‘Delete’ button to remove it from the list.
4. If you need to backup the dictionary file, you can do so by using the ‘Export’ button.
5. You can also import a dictionary file u saved earlier using the ‘Import’ button.
DictMgr is a collection of 4 utilities used to modify the built-in or add-on dictionaries and one reference tool. It includes DictEditor, T9Editor, WordCorrector, SpellChecker and AcronymReference. You can modify the word completion list, PhonePad’s T9 dictionary, auto-correction dictionary or the s…
Requirements: WM2003 and above
Take the power of Google Maps with you on your mobile phone.
Real-time traffic — See where the congestion is, and estimate delays in over 30 major US metropolitan areas.
Detailed directions — Whether you plan to walk or drive, your route is displayed on the map itself, together with step-by-step directions.
Integrated search results — Local business locations and contact information appear all in one place, integrated on your map.
Easily movable maps — Interactive maps let you zoom in or out, and move in all directions so you can orient yourself visually.
>Satellite imagery — Get a bird’s eye view of your desired location. (It’s like you’re there, we swear.)
Slick is messenger application for Windows Mobile devices. It allows you to chat with your friends connected though various online messaging applications like ICQ, Yahoo, AIM, MSN.
* Supported protocols: ICQ, Yahoo, AIM, MSN
* Text messaging
* Alerts – sound, backlight, vibration, notify window displaying number of new messages
* Group and buddy management (add, delete, rename)
* Message history
* File transfer – send and receive files
* Downloading files sent as links
* More features to be added
QMAIL is a communications program which deserves to be more well known: it supports POP3, IMAP4, NNTP & RSS protocols.
Installation simply involves copying the files to the Pocket PC. The mail client pleasantly surprised me: besides IMAP4 support, it supports SSL/TLS authenication (which makes it compatible with GMail, but this requires a seperate download), filters and all the configuration options that you could imagine. HTML support is still not working for the Pocket PC. Neither is the ability to compose scripts. To read a RSS feed, you only need to create an account and choose RSS in the “Class” menu. When you return to the main screen you choose the account that you just created, tap and hold to bring up “Create” and voila, after entering the name of the feed, you only have to give the URL. The interface is not bad: you click on the title to see the contents, providing quick access. It should be said here that the author’s website would help you much since it is all in Japanese and there is no configuration guidelines. An app that appears to be well-features (maybe too much) and so we should spend some time trying it out. Read this tutorial if you are interested in this feeware. For users with other OS version (eg. Pocket PC / 2003 / 2003 SE, etc.) please download the software here.
CleanRegTSK v0.1 Description
CleanRegTSK is a registry cleaning tool for THEMES files (extended TSK) located on Pocket PC with Windows Mobile 5.0.
It can be launched from the Desktop to erase some keys, kept in the registry when TSK file is erased. This can slow down your device or make it unstable if the keys remains…
Successfully tested on several devices, for example SPV M600 (AKA Qtek S200). Some devices manufacturers doesn’t allow modifying the registry… This tool may not work in this case.
A tool to keep on your desktop, and use it periodically.
Smaato Cost 2.0
Telephoning everywhere and mobile surfing is fun. Never knowing how much you’ve already spent this month is not!
That’s where Smaato Cost starts: Smaato Cost tracks all incoming and outgoing calls, data connections and SMS. You only have to enter your rate plan details once and smaato costs gives you always detailed information about the costs you’ve already caused.
Tracking of incoming calls, outgoing calls, volume based or time based data connections and SMS
Extremely detailed entry of all aspects of your rate plan including:
peak/off-peak times, weekends and holidays home zone
different destinations (e.g. mobile to mobile, mobile to landline)
multiple profiles for different SIM-cards
included minutes, SMS and data volume
Powerful statistics engine with filters, graphical view, summary and single connections
Friendly, intuitive and graphical-rich user interface
After call display: See after each call, how much it was.
PS: Kindly confirm if the software is a freeware before downloading/using it.